Terms of Reference
The Review Panel was tasked to complete the following activities and make recommendations as appropriate:
- Assess the extent to which the PHRN and its Participants have achieved the Network's aims and objectives.
- Note the Network and Participant certified statements of income and expenditure to 30 June 2013 (where available). Comment on the extent to which expenditure represents value for money relative to the infrastructure and related processes that have been developed.
- Review the extent to which the new infrastructure has met or will meet the needs of researchers and policy makers for access to linked population level data within and between jurisdictions and sectors.
- Consider the significance of the PHRN infrastructure in the national and international context.
- Consider the role of the PHRN in the future development of a distributed national data linkage infrastructure in Australia. Issues to be considered include:
- Any changes in structures and processes to assist PHRN Participants to achieve the aims and objectives of current plans and agreements;
- Options for further development and maintenance of PHRN and related data linkage infrastructure in the next 5 years, including potential future funding sources; and
- The role of the PHRN in the development of Australia's data linkage infrastructure in the next 5 years.