Tuesday, March 3, 2015
On 11 February 2015, the Senate referred the inquiry into the principles of the Higher Education and Research Reform Bill 2014, and related matters to the Education and Employment References Committee for inquiry and report by 17 March 2015. The Committee will inquire, consider and report on the following matters:
- the principles of the Higher Education and Research Reform Bill 2014;
- alternatives to deregulation in order to maintain a sustainable higher education system;
- the latest data and projections on student enrolments, targets, dropout rates and the Higher Education Loans Program;
- structural adjustment pressures, and the adequacy of proposed measures to sustain high quality delivery of higher education in Australia’s regions;
- the appropriateness and accuracy of government advertising in support of higher education measures, including those previously rejected by the Senate;
- research infrastructure;
- and any other related matters.
The PHRN lodged a submission to the inquiry on 3 March 2015.
< Go Back